Monday, December 19, 2005

Given up?

Ah. Not so far as to say yes, however I seemed to have wholly slacked off all semester. Consider me not done, but perhaps done with the book blog. I'll just put them here to save myself the trouble :).

Semster was good, finished thank goodness, and that's perhaps the best part of all. Now home in Chicago once more with almost nothing to do.

Watched Great Expectations (BBC series) which was very interesting, and especially considering I hadn't read the book (shame on me? But Dickens is sometimes so dull.) the ending was fascinating. And good thing for the old man BBC commentator letting me know what was going on!

Read The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera while traveling home. Recommended by Kenji, but the book was most strange. And after talking to the people sitting next to me on the plane (two girls who had studied abroad in a theology school in jamaica), I almost felt bad. Such a interesting book comparing love and the love of love and so on. Maybe I did miss the point, I'll have to ask someone who's read it, unless someone wants to tell me. Oi.

And it's freezing.

No comments: