Saturday, December 16, 2006

Wicked

So, I've loved the music for ages (I used to blast it in the car when it was just me and the car for a drive...) and I loved the book. I had told myself that I was going to wait until returning to HMC and see it in LA with friend when it opened there in February. However, apparently I couldn't wait. Idina Menzel, the Tony award winner for Wicked, was absolutely wonderful; and the audience cheered extra for her whenever she entered the stage or sang. I do get annoyed with audiences though, especially when they start making "ooh" sounds, etc. because it's just ruining the production and it can distract the actors/actresses cause it's a live performance. Oh well. And people started standing up to clap before the curtain even fell. It was fabulous. Absolutely wonderful... (just like the song).

It's quite funny hearing some of them with British accents (which would make sense since they are from the UK), but it was interesting. Gives the production a bit of flavor.

Nina and I made an event out of it, going to a nice Italian dinner before the show and we walked around beforehand. Either way, I'm still going to plan a trip to see it in LA, it'll be fun.

No comments: