Sunday, April 02, 2006

Is it irony, lying, or something else?

The people I hate are those who say they'll never do something, and then do it. Its one thing to dance around a topic in not deciding about it, to be wishy-washy, etc., but it is even another to go against everything you once stood for or against. What makes people change their minds so much? Is it the changing of the tides, aging, and realization that one wants their own life to change? Now - I do think hate is a strong word, so maybe I did lie in the beginning – and speaking of a lie…

Are these people just lying to themselves, lying to others on purpose, or just because they aren't sure and would rather say something than nothing? Is the goal in life to appease others or to suit oneself?

Or are people just hypocrites? It’s really hard to tell, and I hate to judge, but it just happens. Hypocrites are those that go around doing this sort of thing… or do they just do these things and seem like hypocrites to avoid something or another at that given time.

Perhaps I’m just a hypocrite myself, and too mean and pessimistic to realize otherwise.

No comments: