Tuesday, July 26, 2005

new camp and randomness

The camp for this week, Monday through Thursday is a day camp called Mad Science. Julie and I (she's the other "Mad Scientist") made t-shirts for this camp, pretty neat and all, and we're running the science stations for all the girls. The experiment like things are pretty fun, the girls are working towards 6 or so patches/badges, which is supposed to be amazing, and they're loving the science. This is how girls should be learning and experiencing this sort of thing. They loved asking questions - so many why why why questions that I couldn't even try to answer some. I mean --> "where does the word science come from?" and "who invented science?" really have no answers. If you know, reply and I'll forward the answers on to the girls. Should be taking some pictures later in the week after I stop to take a breath from the busy-ness and snap some.

Yesterday was a drive to the airport day, today was a F&M discussion day with a trip to Sprague (close) and Honnold-Mudd library (further or is it farther). Now I have a stack of 5 books to get my reading on with. Going to celebrate grandfathers 95th birthday in FL soon, that should be great too.

For now --> some reading, more camps, and who else knows what. If only I weren't so tired. Whoowee. Spread the fun around...

No comments: