Saturday, August 20, 2005

Friday - day

A day spent out of the house is tiring.  Went shopping with David to many stores.  I bought some wonderful crocheting cotton only to find when I got home that there are two kinds of size 8 needles.  Now I need to go back to Jo-Ann’s, which is moving and thus has all of their things on super clearance, to buy the right kinds.  My crocheting is quite fun actually, made 1/5 of a scarf to see if I liked how it was going to look… and since I did I started with the 100 stitches to begin.  If only it would thicken out a bit faster.  I think it needs new yarn (to get at the store when I go again).  





Other than that, I went to Kristina’s house and met her and Aya and we talked and sat and watched TV and had fun.  Went to Blockbuster, but being the indecisive people that we are, reached no conclusion and went back with our hands empty.  Sat around some more, and then it was already late and time to go.  Aya and I played a dangerous game on the way home – car tag, or let’s see if we can see inside the other car as we drive at 55 miles per hour on the highway home.  And we did… and I think one of the pictures I took may have come out.  I was laughing almost the whole time.  Silly, yet oddly comforting.  It’s nice to think that almost nothing can be enjoyable like that, enjoyable even though we weren’t exactly together, just the idea of it.  Simple fun.  



Now -- if only I had thought to roll down the window the entire way. Darn.

No comments: