Wednesday, January 11, 2006

A Million Little Pieces, the book I'm now skipping...


So, I saw this book once in the bookstore, well once or maybe a few more than one times. I also read reviews online thinking that in due time, as in eventually, I'd like to read it. Now, I know books about drugs and their results are typically depressing overall, but the reviews looked good.

Now I'm wholly dissapointed. Sales went way up after an Oprah recommendation. An Oprah recommendation means absolutely zero to me, but not to the rest of our intelligent America. And now the book is highly disputed as pure fiction sold as fact. Oh well. I don't like hubbub about my books anyway. Oprah has ruined my favorite book of all time, making it into an American fueled classic rather than the true classic it once was. Poor poor East of Eden.

Anyway, back to life, and soon back to Harvey Mudd and classes that have become closed. Damn them all!

No comments: