Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Monsoon Wedding

Ah. Monsoon Wedding. Tia had recommended this as a movie I might like a long while ago, but since I finally got around to getting my ass to the library, I was able to check it out. We watched it tonight in the suite, and although everyone else may not have liked it, I did. The movie definitely needed the subtitles on, as my hearing and coherency isn't so great, but the movie was light, serious, funny, and deep all at once. It was also very colorful, something that I seem to enjoy in movies. And a happy ending is always a good one, even when you know it's coming.

The movie is about an Indian woman who is coming off an affair with a married man, and who is entering an arranged marriage. There are bunches of storylines, mostly ending with love and happiness, yet some involve deeper issues like the molesting of girls, and the obligations of family. All very interesting and a great movie to watch. A definite recommendation if this sounds at all interesting.

No comments: