Sunday, October 29, 2006

The Motorcycle Diaries

If I said Crash was an art-y movie, then I spoke too soon, because Motorcycle Diaries takes the cake. The movie is about Che Guevara and his friend Alberto who undertake a motorcycle journey of South America, with a long stop at a leprosy site. The movie, although it may not be true -- even though I think it is based off his actual writings, is very realistic. The movie shows how they were able to see people of all sorts - rich, poor, healthy, sick, oppressed, etc. and Che Guevara was obviously touched by what he saw on his journey that probably influenced him later in life. It was a marvelous movie and had all the great elements and was truly heartfelt. This movie is one I recommend even more.

1 comment:

M said...

It was an amazing movie and remains one of my favorites. The original book/journal by Che Guevara is also very, very good. It's brilliant.

I didn't like Crash so much, but that's probably because it seemed so hollywood. I prefer films that seem a little more organic.