Sunday, July 09, 2006

Annie Hall

Perhaps this is one of the very few movies we actually own at home that I've never seen. So, it was time to get it from the library and watch it here at school. It was a very... strange movie, about a man Albie (I think that was his name) played by Woody Allen and his relationships, their problems, and all of his manic phobias. He's quite a character in real life and in the film also. The movie didn't have much of a main thought or point except to go about how life unfolds and his relationships, especially the one with Annie Hall who he eventually follows to L.A., the city that he couldn't hate more. New York seems to be the lively hood of the movie, and it becomes idealized often in Allen's films, at least I think so. Interesting, but not worth recommending especially. I can't imagine how my parents love this film. Maybe it has to do with the fact that my mother was from Brooklyn herself, and my father does like NYC. Who knows...

No comments: