Wednesday, August 09, 2006

American Beauty

This movie is just sort of messed up. Everyone in the movie is harboring secret ideas, feelings, and actions from each other, and it revolves mostly around two families who are neighbors. If I explain much more, the movie will just give itself away, but I think it's important to watch it from the beginning and catch everything (cause that is what makes the movie after all). Janet mentioned this was her favorite movie, but I think this goes on the list of strangest movies of all time. Plus there is that whole creepy stalking part, and pedophile part, which just gives me the creeps. The cinematography seemed good, if I am even versed enough to comment on it, and I think this is possibly what makes the movie such a classic.

My opinion: A see once type of film.

No comments: