Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Home, Chicago

So, finally home. After an early day at the airport and a day off flying... I finally am home. Or what is home? Being here reminds me of a lot of things, including those that I don't wish to be reminded of. The movie Seven Brides for Seven Brothers was on television tonight, as I browsed on by all the channels, and I remember that being one of my mom's favorite movies and watching it with her. Couldn't make myself watch it tonight, but maybe another day.

Instead I was up to watching "So You Think You Can Dance" but haven't yet voted enough. :). It's one of those shows where you just end up hooked and thus can't stop watching it. The dancing is really great, and although I read a joke about the show mentioning that both the winners and the losers will end up fading into obscurity, I can't believe that it's true. They'll dance for life if nothing else, and that'll be good for them, cause I'm sure they'll love it.

Everyone I ever see now asks me what I'll do with my life -- they all question my engineering, will I really do it? Will I end up at graduate school? Business? Etc. It all just makes me nervous. Not the questions themselves but the grand scheme of things.

No comments: