Sunday, August 27, 2006

Brick

Another indie-type movie. This one won some Sundance film festival awards, and was raved about of course in the following. I had wanted to see it ever since I saw the trailer, however again, due to the hype around the movie, I was disappointed.

The movie is about a boy who firstly investigates the disappearance of his ex-girlfriend, and then the cause of her death. He gets involved with drug-dealers in the nearby areas, including muscle and eventually guns. If I told you much more, I'd really give it all away and since it unravels so well, I'd hate to spoil it. The beginning was very confusing and it was hard to tell what the plan was or what was going on and who was who, but it cleared itself out over time and developed well. It was a good movie nonetheless (from my disappointment), and I would recommend it. The characters were all very fascinating, and the main actor (the boy from 3rd Rock From The Sun) was good and odd all at once -- very fitting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was an unexpectedly fascinating film. made me go back to my raymond chandler...

Gena said...

Ah, another author I should have read once, or should read eventually. Perhaps I will. What's interesting is that even though I L-O-V-E some mysteries, I never could get myself into reading the real classics.