Saturday, August 26, 2006

Mistress of Spices & Friends with Money & Clerks

A super movie marathon. Also known as my life. Mistress of Spices is a movie I found through Margie, who didn't really like it and compared it to magical realism, whereas I found the movie cute enough - and her having a sixth sense rather than it being Marquez-esque. I liked it well enough.

Friends with Money was very strange, with three married couples and Jennifer Aniston who are all friends dealing with relationships, too much money, too little money, jobs, their families, etc. It was an interesting movie, but not a fabulous one, and not as good as I had expected. The reviewer on imdb seemed to hate the movie, thinking it all seemed very unrealistic and unliking the relationships set up by the movie makers... But, eh. What's done is done, and unless you really love the actors - don't bother watching I think.

Clerks, a movie I had never seen was odd. I didn't expect it to be in black and white, and I figured it would be much more funny overall. "I'm not even supposed to be here today." That's the catchphrase. The movie is just about this guy's day working at the Stop n Shop all day long. Crazy crazy, and very unreal. Aw well, I guess it's one of those movies you just have to see once.

No comments: