Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Late Night Television

So, after deciding I was tiring of the computer and sitting in front of it, I changed directions and headed downstairs for the tv. Now, I'm don't mean Prime-Time, but I mean the after-the-news type of television. Yes, yes, there is all that junk (think infomercials and bad reruns), but I like the David Letterman, Jay Leno, and Conan O'Brien shows. Watching tonight just brought laughter to the surface. David Letterman had a segment called "Stump the Band" where members of the audience get to first get introduced, then offer up a song that the band doesn't know, and the band tries to make something up (typically funny). So, tonight, David Letterman talked to a man named Klaus, who then forgot the song he was going to volunteer, and resorted to saying he forgot and hitting his head a few times. An uproar. He just couldn't remember. I was thinking that it was kind of sad, embarrassing yourself on late-night tv, but it just happens I suppose. Life does go on, and I'm sure his friends will only remember it all for a brief bit of his life. And still funny, nonetheless.

No comments: