Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Producers

Well, although I've been in London so far, I haven't actually gone to see a musical till tonight. Butler, the program I'm studying here through, took us to see "See how they run" which was a very comical play set during WWII. I had never seen the producers (although the movie is rampant, and I did want to) because my grandmother said that the live production was so much better, so I've waited, and now I've seen it. I had no idea what was going to happen at all really, and ended up loving the story and the music and all of it. :). It's about two men who set out to make a flop on Broadway, knowing that they can then misdirect some money and then run off with the money made to Rio. Very funny, and I loved it 100 percent! I plan on seeing many more musicals while I'm here, as it should be real fun.

2 comments:

entropygirl said...

The music from The Producers is really good! :)

Hey, I keep hearing that the play "The Mousetrap", written by Agatha Christie is really good. it's the longest continuously running play in london, and I believe tickets aren't expensive (as a result). Anyway, you might want to look into it! It's a bona fide MURDER mystery :D a la Victorian England

Gena said...

Since a response is good... Yes. I'm actually dying to see it, but trying to convince people to see it is going worse than I had thought. But I will see it, I promise! :)