Sunday, September 24, 2006

A Million Little Pieces

I know I said I'd never read it, but I finally caved after taking it from my Grandparents (who couldn't make it past the start) and hearing some good reviews of it from others. The book is about a man who makes it through rehab after years of horrible drug/alcohol use in his life, and his realization that he has two choices: rehab or death. People have said that it seems fictional when you read it because of the varying writing styles that change between sections of drug memories and the eloquence he posses (coherently) when speaking to the counselors and his family. I agree with this idea, but knowing that the book wasn't real, helped me get through. Some of the book is especially vivid, and it would have been a great story of someone getting through rehab, but I think it gets by as fiction anyway. Final Review: A book to be recommended to those that can 1) stomach it, 2) handle books about serious issues and drug use, and 3) like the sort of stream of consciousness writing. (Most people can handle all three, so read if it interests you)

No comments: