Saturday, May 28, 2005

A lot to learn

Friday (yesterday) was a lot of fun, and interesting nonetheless. A nice lunch with another (imagine even another) old friend. Then some time spent in the house watching television, and a going to temple with Elaine. She wanted to experience Jewishness, and it was nice to go to temple in my opinion. Maybe I should go more often. It takes the strangest things to make one remember what something else means to someone, and I think that's what has happened. So maybe I do enjoy being Jewish.

Spent most of the night and some of the morning almost finished with a book. It should be posted up on BookBlog soon enough, once I finish the last few pages. If you ever needed a gift for someone who's going into a working field already, aka ready to begin setting up for life, this book would be the perfect gift. It almost makes me wish I was working with a 401k already. The best time to invest is while one is young, and here I am, young-ish, and ready.

Other than that... went through a whole bunch of old papers on my desk area, and found some interesting ones, and a whole lot of garbage. It's interesting to see what I've kept over the years. I'm such a pack rat it's incredible.

Finished Mr. 3000 a movie that probably doesn't merit much talking about it. A baseball player (Bernie Mac) who doesn't really have 3000 hits, but needs 3 more, and he finds what a team is all about in the end. Duh. A bit funny, comical and entertaining when there's nothing else to do. Recommended for anyone who is bored, or wants something so light and meaningless for a bit of laughter.

No comments: